Sunday 7 September 2014

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

This foundation has became my new found love, I recently featured it in my August Favourites, but I thought it was too good not to feature in a whole review. So lets get straight into it. I thought I would review the L'Oreal true match foundation this is highly raved about by Lauren Curtis, and I now see why, at £9.99 this is worth the money. I find that it is hard to find a very well loved high coverage foundation from the drugstore; I am not saying that every other foundation is bad, trust me I have a few other favourites, but at great quality like this it is hard not to love.



I feel like L'Oreal is on the pricer side of the high street market, but don't stay away from it because of that! Their products are high quality and worth the money when you get the product right, so do not be put off by the price when you could easily turn around and find something that may fit the bill but at a cheaper price. As they are combined with YSL they have some great dupes; so grab yourself one! 


The consistency may put you off as it feels very runny and light, but not on your face. I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to blend in my foundation and I find that this works like a dream. It easily blends to a medium coverage on your face and with the right shade you will be glowing as it has a semi matte to dewy finish. With two layers I find that it goes more on the matte side and gives a higher coverage look. 



With 20 shades available, this is very good for a drugstore foundation, you may not find them all in store but on the website you should be able to see. I have the shade Vanilla Rose which is the perfect shade for me in the summer; but I may have to go a little lighter for when I get paler. 



As this has a SPF 17 I would stay away from it if you were going to an event; this is because the flash in the camera may cause a flash back which is basically a paler face which is where you have put the foundation and your normal body colour every where else. So just a little waring if you were thinking about wearing it to a party, but this is not a major issue at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment