Thursday 22 January 2015

What I Have Been Thinking These Past Few Months ♡

Recently I have noticed that I have been finding myself reading more lifestyle posts, my favourite to mention has to be Hannah Gale. Her ability to write is amazing and be completely honest in each and every post is well phenomenal, no wonder her work went viral. It has sparked something and made me rethink the whole purpose of this blog, do I just want to be known as this stereotypical girl who loves makeup. No. Admitting this to myself is strange as beauty is my everything, it's my hobby, it feels like my life most of the time. I want something more that this beauty and fashion blog. I do feel like I am putting myself into a box and restricting myself to write about topics that other people expect from me, I want to change that. I admit I do love reading, writing, watching anything makeup related; it's my passion. 

Though in the past few weeks the motivation to write hasn't been there, is this because I am becoming bored of this beauty obsessed world. Thousands upon thousands of beauty gurus are trying to make a name for themselves. Am I under pressure to perform? I have no clue. What I do know is that I do want everyone to know me for this person I have created for myself. In reality it is not quite as simple. I love this ideal I have made for myself but I want more. Isn't that everyones human nature. I am in no way denying that I do not enjoy writing and creating new content about makeup. I love reading about new collections, new releases, the best products; but this isn't what its all about. I want to create something that will inspire someone to try something different, experience something, even learn something totally new and think in a different way. I have been wanting to write about this lifestyle side of things but for some reason I have had no discipline in my routine to get me to write and let all my thoughts spill into this space. I have realised that I actually do like writing even if it takes some getting used to. It is so different writing about something you love rather than a specific text from the English modual at school. That is probably why I enjoy it so much, though the thought of sitting down to write is taunting especially as you are putting yourself on the front line by releasing your opinions into the world. Which will inevitably be on the internet forever. In the generation we live in now it has become completely normal to reveal ourselves on the internet in some way, so putting this post out there for me has become a normal thing and a daily practise. 


To be perfectly honest this is more of a summary post of all my little thoughts in the past month or two that I wanted to compose it into some sort of post to tell you where I have been and the lack of posts for that matter. In the near future I plan to go into more detail on everything, because you know what I love telling you about myself as it is a lot more interesting than a blusher that I don't even use. If your worrying that I won't be doing anymore beauty or fashion related posts, your wrong. I assure you there will be a healthy balance of both! Did you also notice how many times I wrote 'write', there really isn't any other word like it. I will hopefully be back very soon with a new lifestyle or beauty post, I actually have a quite a few products which I want to write about. 



2 comments:

  1. I think this is so accurate Millie and i'm glad someone has stated about the pressure to write somehting good that you think people will enjoy not just that you would, haha this probably doesn't make sense but i'm literaly just trying to sat well done, and do whatever you want xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so happy someone understands xx

      Delete